Thursday, April 9, 2009

Amazing

I may have neglected to mention this, but I got to go to the very first ballgame ever played in the new Shea (I know, you call it Citifield but it'll never be Citifield to me...) A-Mem, Osito and El Torito went too.
It was raining. There were cops e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e Canine, anti-crime, anti-terror task force, detectives in suits, fancy-shmancy COs and XOs...

The Jackie Robinson Pavillion was not quite finished but beautiful nonetheless.

I can't wait to see what the new homerun apple looks like. Thanks, Greyston (and CitiBank) for the tix!
RIN told me that the field is heated to make the grass grow for the pre-season. My brother wonders what will happen if the heaters accidentally turning on in August...maybe Carlos will be forced to take off his jersey?

3 comments:

heidi said...

thanks for the tour! not likely we will get there on opening night :-(

Zoooma said...

If I was back in the NYC area, I'd be there for the regular season Opening Day... and I woulda been there for the last game at Shea. Someday I'll get back! Very cool you got to go to the stadium already.

Magpie said...

Yeah, it's always going to be Shea.