Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shock the Monkey

Swiped right from the NYTimes.

I love animals and I don't eat them.

I love monkeys (and chimps) and I don't date them...anymore.

Just read these excerpts from the NYT article and then YOU decide if primates make good roommates:

"On one occasion, they got in a wrestling match, and Higgins put one of his “steel-like fingernails” through Bob’s scrotum."

"After Benjamin bit off two of his own diseased toes..."

and finally, this gem (you might wanna look away of you're squeemish)

“All of a sudden I feel a severe pain on the right side of my mouth and then I felt something dripping down my face,” Ms. Harrison says. “And there was all this blood, and I look over at Mikey [the chimp] and here he had my tooth in his hand, roots and all. He had pulled my tooth out with one finger.”

Folks, stick with those stinky ferrets.

2 comments:

heidi said...

After my squirrel incident, I don't even think the ferret will do.

Danie said...

I'll stick to Chase and Cleo, thank you very much.