Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Notario

Do you know who this is? C'mon, she's f.a.m.o.u.s. She is Lorraine Cortés-Vázquez, New York's Secretary of State. I'm expecting a call from her any minute to discuss my new role as a Notary Public. Now it's true that she also must personally attend to those passing the rigorous exams for those interested in operating pet cemeteries; acting as a manufacturer, repairer-renovator, or rebuilding of bedding; performing nail specialty, natural hair styling, and waxing; or being a hearing aid dispenser (like pez?).

But still, I passed the exam (I had to get 28 of 40 correct - that's 70%!) and that is certainly worthy of a phone call, Lorraine....
Anyway, be warned. R. and I are beginning our sting operation to catch all you Notaries who are overcharging the $2 fee or taking depositions on Sundays.

1 comment:

heidi said...

even after 40-something odd years, she never ceases to surprise me.
congrats, ol chum!!!!! Your notariety has been noted!
xxooh