Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Freaky Monday

A blog entry without a pic is visually unappealing to me, so here is a kinkajou.

Yesterday was crazy. I work for a great non-profit organization, but yesterday they initiated lay-offs. It was terrifying. Someone I consider a good work friend was let go and it broke my heart. And then, I got some great news, which I can't share except to say it involves meatballs.

And then I got a call from my ex step-son (uh....what is the new name of that relationship? I'd like to say that he called to say hi, or in response to my "just saying hi" or "Merry Christmas" texts, but that would not be true. He called to share his excitement about his brand new car. Why call me? Because his biomom and biodad aren't impressed with his new car....since it replaces the the second one he's crashed...

Here's to an uneventful Tuesday.

3 comments:

pve design said...

Oh dear, that is a "freaky Monday" - Thanks for your kind words and you are so right about integrity and being honest. It truly is the best policy. Perhaps your ex step son sees that in you, hence the reason for his call. Drive safely!

heidi said...

Sorry to hear aboutt he lay-offs! However, am v v v very interested in the good news that involve meatballs. xxooh

Elena said...

You know me, I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't know anything about meatballs personally.